Scracth Level 2 - Racing Game



https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/187252318/

1. A difficulty I had during programming was setting up the specific points the player needed to pass in order for the game to recognize that they completed a lap. For example, I would put in the coordinates and play my game to see if it would work, often my laps would not count as complete and I would have to re-coordinate all the points. This was fixed mostly by trial and error. Another difficulty would be the placement of my car. Originally, my car was facing upwards and would start from the left side of the bush, but I soon found out that when I programmed the movement the car was moving sideways. Obviously, that's not how a car works, so instead, I changed the starting place and the direction my car was facing to correspond with the controls.

2. Some changes I added to the tutorial game was a different costume for when the car spins out of control. I did this by making a duplicate of the first costume and drawing on it to give it a broken and crashed look. My reason for doing this was to make the game more graphically interesting and feel a bit more realistic if a real car were to spin out of control and crash. Another change I made was making the path more complicated by adding more twists and turns to make the game more of a challenge. The last change I made was adding a bush and some trees, I did this by finding clipart online and removing the backgrounds in photoshop. This change was made because the green backdrop looked monotone and boring, there was also a lot of empty space that would've looked better fille up.

Comments