Kodu - Intro




I had some difficulty with the programming, for example, one of the tutorials. There was a point where you had to program that 5 points were needed in order to win the game but the instructions didn't match the options I saw on screen and was confused. It was solved when another student found out you had to first put "equals" before you could select the number of points you wanted. A second issue was getting the camera to stay in a certain position while still allowing you to turn. I solved this by going into the world settings and choosing free view and setting the camera in a position I was happy with. Another problem I had was getting the bots to stay in their place and not immediately chase after Kodu in the beginning of the game. The student who tried my game suggested that I put nearby in the bots' coding so they wouldn't go after anything unless it was close by. Another suggestion was to make the bots slower as it was difficult to outrun them with the way the controls moved.

Comments